PCEJ CHAPLAINCY DEPARTMENT
In October 2019, Bishop Guy L. Glimp announced the establishment of a Jurisdictional Chaplaincy Department for the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction. He has appointed Chaplain Jackie Ravenel as Director of Chaplaincy Department under the Office of the Bishop.
Chaplain Ravenel earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Management from Penn State University and Master of Divinity Degree from Lancaster Theological Seminary. She has completed five units of Clinical Pastoral Education and a residency at York WellSpan & Memorial Hospitals in York, PA. Currently, she serves as a part-time staff chaplain and member of the Ethics Committee at UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg Hospital. She has been endorsed and serves as a Chaplain for Church of God in Christ, Inc. She has been a member of the historic Lingo Memorial Church of God in Christ for more than thirty years and faithfully serves in numerous capacities. She also serves in the Harrisburg District and the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction.
The Jurisdictional Chaplaincy Department will offer:
- Educational opportunities and training on spiritual caregiving for laity and clergy, e.g. active listening, appropriate prayers, confidentiality, end-of-life care and planning, self-care, etc.
- Information about warning signs when entering a hospital, e.g. ICU, isolation rooms, and visitation protocol
- Understanding of the role of pastoral care and pastoral authority as a representative of the jurisdiction and COGIC, Inc.
- Support for existing and aspiring chaplains
- Acknowledgements for our Military persons and families
- Information concerning the necessary requirements for endorsement by the national Chaplaincy Department, e.g. education and training*
- Conversation concerning Clinical Pastoral Education
If you are interested in joining this department, click on the above link, print and complete the Membership Application and mail it to Chaplain Ravenel. Any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Pennsylvania Commonwealth Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction Chaplaincy Department will not offer chaplaincy endorsements or ordinations. Individuals must fulfill the requirements set forth by Church of God in Christ, Inc. Chaplain Endorser and the department’s Endorsing Committee.