The Pennsylvania Commonwealth Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction, affectionately known as “The Commonwealth” is one of the most historic and prolific Jurisdictions in the Church of God in Christ. It is rooted and grounded in Holiness. The church teaches three separate and distinct works of grace that God performs in the life of believers: salvation, sanctification, and the baptism or infilling of the Holy Ghost. The church declares to be evangelical in ministry, fundamental in doctrine and practice and Pentecostal in worship and expression.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible written Word of God.
- We believe that there is One God, eternally existent in three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Blessed Hope, which is the rapture of the Church of God, which is in Christ, at His return.
- We believe that the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious Blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the regeneration by the Holy Ghost is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- We believe that the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides healing for the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- We believe that the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for It (Him).
- We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling a Christian is enabled to live a holy and separated life in the present world.